As you probably know, Jamestown has a great deal of history. In fact, the oldest human artifacts found on Conanicut Island date from around 3000 BC, according to www.jamestown-ri.info! We are lucky to have an all-volunteer, non-profit organization, the Jamestown Historical Society, which is dedicated to preserving and promoting interest in Jamestown's past.
If you would like to learn more about Jamestown through the years, there are a number of historic sites around town to visit:
- Jamestown Historical Society Museum - Wednesdays & Sundays thru Oct. 10, 1-4pm
- Jamestown Windmill - Saturdays & Sundays thru Oct. 10, 1-4pm
- Quaker Meeting House
- Conanicut Battery
- Jamestown Philomenian Library Exhibit
- Town Hall Exhibit
- Jamestown Fire Department Memorial Museum
- Beavertail Lighthouse Museum
- Watson Farm
COMING UP – HOUSE TOUR WEEKEND
Friday and Saturday, September 16 & 17
*Members Only Preview Party at Beaver Head Farm - Friday, September 16 from 5-7pm ($40 per person, includes tickets to September 17 house tour). For membership information, go to the Historical Society’s website.
*House Tour at Fox Hill Farm – Saturday, September 17 from 10am-2pm ($20 per person)